Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Follow Me...HCYKWJWDIYDKWHD

Evangelist Billy Graham visited the Bush vacation home in Maine in 1985.
At that time, George W. Bush said, he was an occasional reader of the Bible, which he viewed as "a kind of self-improvement course." During that well-known walk with Graham, the evangelist said the point of the Scriptures was to follow Christ, not just to improve himself. Today nobody wants to follow anybody. Everyone wants to be the leader, Christ still calls...follow me. Several years ago I worked for a Christian publisher, during that time the WWJD fad hit Christians. It stood for What Would Jesus Do. Everywhere I looked I saw bracelets, chains, Bible covers and the list went on. So at the time we came up with our own little acronym, HCYKWJWDIYDKWHD. We made lanyards, bracelets and connected them to a program that wanted to teach people to follow Christ. Ok, here is what it meant. How Can You Know What Jesus Would Do If You Don't Know What He Did! You learn that in Scripture.Ok it was a dumb little idea, as my friend Stephanie would surely tell me, "Rich, that is so cheesy." Ya, it is, but... it is still true. Join me today and follow Christ.

1 comment:

Forrest Messenger said...

Yep. Nuff said Richy.

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts