Followers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stop Consuming For One Day or a LIfe

Today I was reading a tips for Godly lifestyle adjustment piece and one thing it said was, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." I want to challenge you to not consume one thing...today, just one day and instead be a generous giver.

In our Caling book Frank and I write about James Hayes, "In an article entitled “Business Urged To Rescue Youth,” in Denver’s Rocky Mountain (When it was still in existence) the former Fortune magazine editor, James Hayes, declared, “Business has replaced the church and government as the dominant social institution, forcing corporate leaders to accept responsibility for educating young people.”"

I hope that the above quote from Hayes and the earlier quote from Krauthammer (Blog Nov. 16, 2010: 1964 and the Great Society and the War on Poverty) gives you as much to think about as they gave to me. One of the “new realities” reflected in Hayes’ statements is that America has transitioned to a Post-Christian nation whose new primary religion is Consumerism. In a nation that worships at the altar of conspicuous consumption educating young people is important. The blatant motivation for business to help educate young people is that people with degrees are much more effective consumers. If we work really hard maybe we can get the 6% of the world’s population living in the U.S. to exceed the 50% of the world’s resources we already consume. Maybe we can push it up to 60 or 70%!

Two things:
1. Please become a follower so I know who is joining in this journey.
2. Please begin to make comments or ask questions, I will interact with you.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts