Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2013

What is My Ministry Calling: Part Four

7. My Calling May Become Clear Only After a Bad or Even Tragic Experience. When I was very young I got married and divorced. I thought my life was over. Here I was 23 years old and divorced. It really took a toll on my family, my relationships and my faith. But looking back now I see how God used my bad choices to bring Him glory. I got involved in a singles ministry and have seen what God can do with a broken persons life. I discovered my calling because of my divorce. Chuck Colson didn’t discover his calling until he went to prison. He tells his story in the powerful book Born Again. Following his time in prison it slowly began to dawn on him that God wanted him to start a Prison Ministry. A difficult struggle followed, and Colson submitted to God moving him out of his comfort zone. While Chuck Colson’s personal story is unusual, someone finding their calling after a bad or even tragic experience is not, i.e. the birth of MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers. That is why we can’t put “passion pressure” on our fellow Christians. Maybe the catalytic event that God plans to use it their lives hasn’t happened yet. Maybe like me a very hard event has led to your finding your calling...I would love to hear those stories, besides your telling them encourages others in tough times.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts