Followers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What is My Ministry Calling: Part Two

3. A Ministry That Is Likely To Move Me Out of My Comfort Zone. In Matthew 10:38 Jesus makes one of those sweeping and disturbing statements, “anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” This is another one of those statements that is all inclusive, “anyone” is about as broad as it can be. The cross is an instrument of death and it is certainly not a comfortable place to be. We can be sure that when we pursue our calling, the pursuit will likely force us out of our comfort zone. There is often a level of risk involved when we volunteer, but that level almost always increases when we serve as a Bond Servant. 4. I May Have One or Many callings. During My Life. Some people have a single calling. Others have many callings. We simply cannot put God in a box. Some people pursue more than one calling simultaneously. One’s calling is intensely personal. The mistake that is most likely to be made in a sacerdotal system is to try to plug people into a ministry calling that the priest thinks is best. Again plugging people in as volunteers is legitimate, but at the same time everyone needs to know about their calling. Encourage your place of worship to hold in tension the need for people to find their calling not only volunteer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy propecia propecia side effects go away - side effects quitting propecia

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts