Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Why is passion so important?


I watched a DVD by Bill Hybels yesterday. I cried…way to go Bill. If was from his lecture from The Summit this year titled, “The Courage Leadership Requires.” He reminded me of his definition of vision, “Vision is a picture of the future that produces passion.” page 33 from his book, “Courageous Leadership.” 

People, especially those who do not get paid for doing ministries, do them ultimately because they want to.  I have met many lay people who are passionately involved in various ministries both inside and outside of their church. Some know their spiritual gift, but most don’t.  Many of them have never studied their Strengths, DISC or personality profile.  Some are involved in ministries that don’t make a lot of sense in light of their life experience, occupation, or natural abilities, while others have their ministry calling in the same area as their profession. In fact they only seem to have one thing in common; they are all motivated by passion

It is that place you experience your created greatness. What is your passion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Passion is the FIRE that fuels your spirit to launch out into the unknown simply because that is where God is leading you to go. Eleven years ago my passion to share the Good News of the Gospel through the comparison and discussion of the roles, characters, and plots of movies propelled me into unknown territory. No one had ever done this before so I had no pattern to follow except guidance from the Holy Spirit, and the high bar of 'serving with excellence' at MBC to urge me on. What a journey it has been, and still going! Follow your passion!

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts