Followers

Friday, November 15, 2013

Always Go For The Heart



Yesterday I was in DC at a ministry called DayBreak. I was there with several others visiting. I observed those of us who where there looking and others there working. It is easy to go look, but very different to be there working. The difference is heart.

My friend and co-author Frank Tillapaugh and I have served over 50 years on church staffs. And the most important lesson we have learned is: ALWAYS GO FOR THE HEART. If someone invests their heart, they will give everything they have. When we talk with pastors about their church’s people getting involved in community ministries, they often tell us, “I know our people and they don’t have time to get involved.”  Our response is “If God touches their hearts they will find the time to get involved.” We have seen it hundreds of times, when someone invests their heart, they not only find the time; they will move out of their comfort zones, and on occasion they will even risk their life if necessary.

But, unfortunately passion for ministry is rare among the rank and file in most churches. The reason that there is so little ministry passion among lay people is that church leaders tend to aim for their heads, attendance, pocketbooks, consumer satisfaction, felt needs, involvement in the church programs, comforts and above all to inspire people. And in the process they seldom touch the heart.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts