Followers

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Better Roads...jump on!


The other day I flew into Dallas and needed to get on the 121 freeway, I could see it, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to get on it. I could see it, but all I did was circle around it wondering how to get on it. Have you ever had that happen? Many leaders in the church have had to deal with a person coming with a great idea for a ministry, only to realize they have no idea or knowledge of how to do it. Just buy a book it will tell you how to do small groups, evangelism, discipleship, etc.right? No!

If those same leaders ignore the pressure for success for a moment; and look outside the walls of their churches, they will see a huge number of organizations already in place.  You name the target group and there are Christian organizations positioned to minister to them, prisoners, addicts, mothers of preschoolers, motorcycle riders, athletes, internationals and the list just goes on and on.

The Freeways are in place, we just have to know what roads connect with them.  And unlike the freeways in most American cities these ministry freeways are not crowded at all.  They have far more capacity to engage lay ministers with their target group than they are now using. The biggest mission challenge of the 21st century church is to connect with the current ministry freeways. The freeways are the fast track to unleashing the ministry passions of millions of church members.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a slave to no man or institution. I have worked with Frank Tillapaugh for thirty years and most of the ideas are work we would like to share.

The next generation

The next generation
God thank you for two amazing young leaders

Looking Forward

Looking Forward
Each year I get to spend time with young leaders and the gap is growing between them and my generation, why?

Popular Posts